Every Child Deserves a Chance to Play
The Social Network
Are you or someone you know:
- Between the ages of 18-25?
- Have an intellectual or developmental disability?
- Looking for an opportunity to engage in activities with similarly aged peers?
- Enjoy physical activity ?
- Have social challenges that impact your ability to meet others, participate in conversations or social activities?
If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
The Social Network is a collaboration between the Miracle League of CT, Chapter 126 Sports & Fitness and Creative Development ,LLC. The group will be co-lead by an adapted physical education and wellness teacher and an occupational therapist with training in social cognition. Our meetings will include fitness, recreational, and social skill development activities. It is designed to engage participants ages 18-25 in fun and functional social opportunities in a community setting. Participants who have difficulty interacting with peers, making social connections and developing relationships are welcome.
Participants must not:
- Be a flight risk
- Be self-injurious
- Be aggressive towards others
The goals of the group are to:
- Provide physical and social experiences with a group of peers
- Provide incidental and planned opportunities to practice and develop social skills
Please contact Mike Michaud at 860 769-7055 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to see if this group is right for you or someone you know.
The group will have a minimum of 8 particpants and a maximum of 15. We will meet for 6 weeks beginning on Tuesday May 14th from 3:30pm - 5:30pm at Chapter 126 Sports & Fitness located at 47 Upson St. in Bristol and we will also plan one evening outing during the session at a time, date & location to be announced.