Every Child Deserves a Chance to Play
SO LONG SUMMER FAMILY PICNIC
All Miracle League Families and any family with a child with a disability who would like to learn more about The Miracle League of CT are welcome to join us on Saturday August 25th. This event is free to all families and includes:
- Food and Beverages for all served 1-4pm (Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, Veggie Burgers, chips & snacks).
- We will have access to the beach at Camp Harkness just steps away from the picnic area.
- There is a family changing area and restroom facility that has outdoor showers for use after swimming
- Some family friendly lawn games
- There is a playscape adjacent to the picnic area
- Other surprises!
Here is what we ask that you bring:
- Your own lawn chairs, blankets and towels for the beach
- A picnic friendly dish or dessert that you can share with the group
- Preferably one that doesn't need to be heated or refrigerated
- Please no dishes or desserts with nuts-many people have severe allergies
- Anything else specific that you may need for your child or family members
- There is a great area adjacent to the picnic area for kite flying - please bring your own kites if you would like to try it out
- Any other special foods or beverages for your family (NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE ALLOWED)
- The beach area is covered by lifeguards but you must be sure to watch after your own children while in or near the water, The Miracle League will not have staff on the beach